Sunday, July 8, 2007


(when i was still a trainee in West, the trainors ask us to write something, the topic is: what is our indispensible tiger? something that we cannot live without. Here is what i come up during that time...)

it was year 2001, when i usad to be a participant of the Intel Philippines Science Fair. it was a regional competition held each year to bring the best researchers in the country. i was a contestant then, while she was there to take some photographs for their school paper. the feeling was weird. because instead of watching the program and focusing on the competition proper, i was waiting for her to go to the front to take those snapshots. i don't know why. then the competition end, i was so upset, not just because our school lost but it was my last time to see "ms. photographer," what upsets me more is that i don't have her name.

i met theresa on my freshman year at pup. we were seatmates, cheatmates, lunchmates, and a lot of other things. we were always together because we share the same interests. in short, we became the best of friends. tere and i were always there for each other, we solve our problems together, cry together, laugh together, study together, get silly together and do bad things together. i really enjoyed her company, i just love being with her. that time, tere was my biggest treasure. my joy. the only thing that i keeps me moving on.

it was the end of the semester when we started sharing stories about our high school days. we started talking about the competitins we've been into. then something unbelievable happen, i can't believe it when she told me that she was in the science fair that i participated in, supporting her classmates, taking photographs for their school paper.

theresa is my ms. photographer, my bestfriend, my indespensable tiger, the only thing i cannot live without. and even if she has someone in her life now, i will still be the best friend she wanted me to be, and even though i wanted something else, i am willing to sacrifice the feeling that i have for her, because i want her to be happy, and i am happy when she is happy.

No comments: