Wednesday, September 19, 2007


Since I have plans of saving money, and this day cannot get any boring, I viewed some bank products offered by different banks here in the Philippines.

First, I looked at Metrobank, because it is the one nearest from my abode. Also, MBTC has a good reputation in the banking industry (being a banking and finance graduate, I should no) And there is this Metrobank E.T. Savings Account, which you can open for as low as P2,000, have your own atm, but you will start earning interest for P5,000. But when I checked their terms and conditions, there is this line saying that in order you have an atm, you should have a maintaining balance of P10, 000. Am, possible, but i dont want to have that high maintaining balance because it is too high.

Next, BPI. I looked at BPI because it is the second nearest bank in our house, I want a bank that if I have a problem with my statement, I can just take a pedicab and I can fix it. Moving back to BPI, but I got confused with their website so I just stopped. I think that having a confusing website is a little fishy.

Third, is Banco De Oro, because my friend has a BDO account already, BDO is also near from our house and work place, lastly, BDO is open on saturdays and sundays which make it more convenient! I also got confused with their website because they have products for old people (60+), teens ( 13 to 19), and juniors (which I am sure I am not included). But where is the one for the 22 year old? Where is the one for the call center people?

It has been a tiring day and I haven't made a decision yet. But right now, I am thinking of having a bank with BDO. But until I have finalized my decision that is when I will start inquiring personally, and I don't have another valid ID, which is another thing added to my iterinary for next week.

No comments: