Friday, August 3, 2007

On being certified...



My headset is now on its box. My manual is now in my arms carrying it to my new station. I remove my name that signifies that I am still a trainee from the station that I have used for almost five weeks.
Five weeks. Three weeks of trying my best to pull down my AHT, which never works. Two weeks of brain and body torture. And a week of playing safe and relaxing. Finally, I can say that I already secured my career in VXI, finally I am certified.
Jerome and I are the first two people who got certified from our batch. Knowing how confident I am of myself, of course I see it coming. I know that I am good. I am smart, not intelligent. And I know that I have mastered this job so long that I have everything in me to best all my batchmates including my previous office mates from PS.
Finally, it's here. I can feel the 22 thousand pesos, plus commission, that will show on my payroll account. I can see myself buying a new phone, then an iPod, then a digital camera. I can see myself having my own pc, going to work on a cab, eating out at the finest restaurants, going to gym on fitness first, and visiting my friends in mindanao. Now that it's here, I can definitely say that I can change my life now. All I need to do is to be extra friendly and cheerful, and it will all be worth it. I have plans in life, and now that i have the means, its time for the plans to took its place.
But it still sucks. I know that I have everything i need but i have no one to share it with. Looking at the brighter side of things, I have everything for my own.
I will continue walking this thin line between hell and the deep blue sea. Not knowing what will happen next, whether i will drown because of tears of be broken by the wall that blocks my path. What is important is that I am surviving. I am here. I am sober. And I am, ehem, richer!

No comments: